Profile picture for DAmejko

Zillow Hurts Sales Opportunities With Wrong Zestimates

Zillow has our home estimated considerably below our immediate neighbor's homes.  We can't figure out why.  Even though we have a slightly larger home, and all the homes were built at the same time by the same builder, and lot sizes are the same (with fewer upgrades), and upgrades the same, etc., etc.  When propspective buyers come to look at our home, we repeatedly hear them say that our house is "zestimated" much below the house next door, why should we buy at your price!  Our price is right in line with the community, as is our house, but Zillow has repeatedly lost buyers for us because of misleading "advertising" against our home.  Zillow, a great idea on paper, hurts many home sellers like us with bad data, bad estimates, and misleading "buying tips"  that buyers take as gospel truth.

• June 02 2008 - US

Profile picture for happy home1

Zillow has done the same for us; their zestimate is completely off and it fluctuates sometimes by 20k in one day. They are idiots to put it politely and need to be sued!

Profile picture for houligan50

Has anyone any indication that the Zillow people take note of any of their horrible inconsistencies as spelled out by hundreds of unsatisfied Zillow users???  I questioned their zestimate process a couple of years ago and got a response essentially noting their heavy preference for data from county tax rolls, rather than recent sales reported by realtors.....I complaiined but it apparently hasn't done one iota of good based on what I read on these posts.  In my case, a townhome development  on a golf course (about 60% of the homes are actually on the golf course, the others have interior lots).  One of the golf course units very recently sold for $410K, another with a  mountain  view is listed for $475K, a non-golf course home is listed for $425K.....and my unit (on the golf course with mountain view) still carries a Zestimate of $330K.......if I were to place my home on the market the published Zestimate would be devastating!!!!!

property address is 2900 N. Saddleback Way, #45, Flagstaff, AZ