Profile picture for Dennis Wheeler

Zillow Sending Leads to Three agents simultaneously

Can someone tell me how the change which recently went into effect whereby all leads go to 3 agents helps me as an agent paying for a zip code?  How do clients feel getting called 3 time?
  • June 16 2012 - US
  • 0

Sheri writes " My sales rep told me that Zillow has found that pro reps were not calling their clients back."

As a consumer, I've submitted six requests  through Zillow to agents re selling a house.  I've received responses from a grand total of one of those six, and that took more than a week.   My personal experience confirms what Zillow says and is worse than your husband's experiment (good experiment, by the way!).

Profile picture for RJ Dean
That is just plain ridiculous, this is why I have been hearing my buyers talking about another agent contacting them as well. This is going to promote the wrong idea for buyers. I dont know about you guys, but the FIRST thing I ask the buyer is are you working with a Realtor in this area and half the time they are lying about that. Now we are going to be dealing with three hungry agents going after the same buyer? Either that is going to drive the interest away, or the buyer is going to be set up on three different email lists. Maybe they should be given the option, not automatically have the three boxes checked.

What are we paying for here???

Just to let you know, all 3 agents are pre-checked so when people say "click on an agent" what you are doing is UN-CHECKING them so they don't get an email.

To send the lead to only 1 agent they must uncheck the other two agents.

Profile picture for JimTrueblood
Fairly certain this change as of last week. Zillow now send the leads to all 3 agents when someone requests info on a home.  If they directly click on a specific agent then obviously it only goes to that agent.

Dennis,

I didn't like it either, so I called and asked what it was all about.  My sales rep told me that Zillow has found that pro reps were not calling their clients back.  I didn't really believe that answer so my husband did a little experiment.

I won't tell you where, but it was a sample list across the US and houses between 100k and 150k.  He started using the form and we timed the response rate.

The results were surprising!!!  It took agents an average of several hours if ever (for a few inquires)  My response rate is usually within 3-7 minutes. and I thought that was high.  Silly me.

Profile picture for Connie Klemme
zillow doesn't send the leads, the person clicks on you to request information.  Many people jump frmo one to the next to the next until they get a response.  Not all, but I've seen it many times. It's not new.

Really people do this with many things, whether they are looking for a new eye doctor or dentist or whatever, the one that is the most responsive when they are attempting to make contact gets their attention first and if they appear to be able to handle the job professionally, people tend to stop looking.  People have over committed, hectic lives these days and they don't like spending a long time waiting for a response when thye just want to know something simple like, does it have a shop, can i see it tomorrow, is there a back yard fence or whatever it is that they wanted to know when they were attempting that contact.

It's not different than running through the phone book.

I am willing to assume that there is a change that I don't know about, but a person contacting many people has been a practice for a long time, long before internet of any kind.