Zillow, What are Your Lender Options Going to Be Going Forward?

Zillow and DavidG

As a contributer on here for more than three years now, I am quite taken by your recent changes.  At this point, I am not sure what direction I will be going since I am concerned about privacy issues and compliance within my industry relative to Zillows changes.

Some on this board have voiced concerns over such items as Red Flag, RESPA, and general other compliance issues that we in the lending industry need to follow.

Should we decide Not to participate in lender quoting and your customer contact pricing, what options will you give us, and will our confirmed lender fee be reimbursed?

Will you be creating a " Confirmed Lender Advisor " category where our contact information is left in tact as it was before?

I'd certainly like to know what Zillow's intention is on this, and will any changes be final?

Thanks for your reply.

November 12 2009 - US

Best Answer
Wayne was contributing before there was any quoting. I hope he has the option of continuing to do so, regardless of what those who supplement their income through Zillow think.

David G

Thanks for the responce.  I think what I am still searching for is the incorrectly display of our profile and contact info.

If I choose not to participate in quoting, can I still be a confirmed lender and have my correct contact info replace?  Or like I mentioned, why can zillow not create a separate designation for advisors?

Again, I appreciate your feedback.

I nominate Robert and Gregorio both for best answer.

Wayne - Zillow has no plans to create a "confirmed lender advisor" category. Confirmed lenders will continue to give advice on Zillow and will continue to benefit from the reputation and business that that generates at no cost to them. We love the fact that borrowers get great advice here and encourage lenders to use mortgage advice to brand themselves as local experts.

Hamp

Thanks for the kind words.  Hope you are doing well since we have not talked in a while.

You should check out Active Rain for yourself Hamp too.

Best Regards,

Wayne,
David G's answer was if you don't want to be recorded, just tell the person you will call them back. Simple work around,...is what it is....

Shapiroamg

Truthfully, I have noticed that issue for several months now.  Most of the questions now are quite repetitive in nature and invlove the same issues.

Best Regards,

Profile picture for shapiroamg
One thing for sure, these threads seem to have gone down in the past two weeks. Spam filling up at night and there doesnt seem to be the help/advice requests like there once was. Le sigh.

Gregorio

Just trying to determine whether I want to spend more time on here.  I enjoy helping people, but am just concerned by some of the changes relative to my contact information being altered, and the concern over phone conversations being recorded which I believe will create compliance issues for me.

Wayne,

I'm not a Z-eerleader, but I must ask you this question?

WHY DO YOU CARE? You have quoted 121 times in over a year and a half ... what difference does it make to you if they want to charge or not, you are not quoting anyway?