Profile picture for arizonausa

Zillow has mistakenly listed my home as two separate homes. How can I get this fixed?

My home lies on the border between two cities, Oakland and Piedmont.  I pay property taxes to both cities.  My home lies entirely within Piedmont.  Zillow shows my address as existing in both Piedmont and in Oakland, I assume they think the property split into two lots each containing a home.  Instead, I have a single home on a large lot, with a Piedmont address.  I'd like to get this corrected but I don't see any way to email Zillow to ask about corrections.
  • November 24 2011 - Piedmont
  • 0

Profile picture for arizonausa
Melissa,

I just checked, and the whole street is still incorrect.  This is a bug, and about 20 properties are affected.  There is only ONE home on each parcel, you have them twinned, showing 2 homes, for most of them you have them both in Piedmont, for some you show a home in Oakland and a home in Piedmont, both with the same street address. 

This is the only street I happen to know in Zillow that exhibits this bug -- please ask for help to fix it. You say that you want to separate the parcels, however Alameda County does not authorize this, and legally the two parcels in each property title cannot be legally separated.  The more troubling part of this is you actually show that there are two homes on each property, when in fact there is only one home on each property- so you have quite a few fictitious properties being listed. 

If this is not fixed, the conclusion for your users is that there are likely widespread errors in your database.

Profile picture for arizonausa
As I look more closely, I can see that this problem propagates down the whole street.  Zillow shows fictitious parcel/home values for about 20 properties that are tied together in each case by the property titles.  Please check, because there is only one house on each of these properties, yet your database incorrectly shows two homes with the same address in each case.  Besides the fact that the properties are being incorrectly "twinned" with two home appearing on each property in Zillow, please keep in mind that these parcels cannot be legally separated, so you should not be showing them this way, even after you correct them by removing the home from one parcel in each case.

Thanks for your help in making Zillow more accurate!

Profile picture for melissaje
These properties both have valid parcels. Our policy is that if it is a valid parcel number, we keep it on the site. To make it less confusing I removed the house number from the page that is tied to the second parcel that does not actually have your home on it. I have also put that it is a "vacant lot" and changed the city to Oakland. Unfortunately the recent sale matched to the parcel that is located in Oakland not the Piedmont parcel, since the Piedmont parcel is the primary one. There is no way for it to be moved to the correct parcel either.

I hope this clears up the issue, let me know if you have any further questions,

Melissa

Profile picture for melissaje
I apologize for the confusion, I got your email with the link to both properties. I have reported this issue to the correct department and am in the process of having one of those deleted. I will let you know once that has been fixed.

Thank you for using Zillow!

Melissa

I think this is the first Siamese Zestimate I've heard of.

Profile picture for arizonausa
Melissa,

I checked and there has been no change, the two homes with the same address still appear on Zillow.

Can you please look at this one more time?

Profile picture for melissaje
Thank you, I received your request and the city was corrected.

Melissa

Profile picture for melissaje
Can you please provide me with your full property address and I will be happy to look in to this for you. You can post it as a reply or you can go to my profile and click "contact."

Melissa

Here's a link to Zillow customer service E-mail.