Zillow just lost a customer

I wanted information on the potential price of a home.  I was led to another web site, MYinfo1.com where I ordered a report I thought would give me information on a home.  Instead they charged me a $1.00 and never returned any information.  I gave them my credit card number to pay for the 1.00.  If I find that my credit card information has been stolen, the authorities will be pointed directly at Zillow and the Myinfo1.com web site. I "signed into" an account with an email address of goldrvr3@pacbell.net. Please cancel that membership immediately. Jess Wilson
  • January 04 2013 - Vallejo
  • 1

Company name I was charged a total of $20.95 by is Myfeeplan.com They charged me $1.00 and then charged an additional $19.95. I will contact my bank Monday morning.

Profile picture for blank screen EXILED
I'm just curious why Zillow had chosen to contract with Google to provide ad content in the first place?

Wouldn't it  be better if Zillow managed all of the advertisement media on their website in-house?  I've been finding Google extremely intrusive and problematic.  Perhaps that is one of the side effects of providing Google content, such as Street views?

It appears that Google targeted ads are just a Scam opportunity waiting to happen.  I see no simple way that any company can monitor for all such potential scams and block them all.  The scammers will just change to images if one tries to filter by content.  And it is way too easy to create additional websites, so filtering by the links will not work long term.

I'll be sending you an email directly as well. Please call your bank right away to dispute the charge. It appears this happened from a Google Ad from one of our pages on the right sight. For example, a rotating ad appears now on the right side of this advice post. So far we have been made aware of four company names posting ads through Google "AdChoices" advertisements and have blocked ads by these Google clients.
The list we are aware of so far is:

1) Myinfobill.com
2) Backgroundfee.com
3) Propertysearch.us.org
4) MYinfo1.com

The ads look like this:

Please report any new company names right away to me by clicking on my profile. I'll continue to research this to proactively prevent new ads like the one above.