Profile picture for jenn_chet

Zillow says my house is for sale & it is not! I've contacted them & months later, no fix? Advice?

• May 02 2011 - West Portal
  • 0

Profile picture for jenn_chet
Thanks for the advice.  The house was for sale in 2009.  But the agent that has it listed on Zillow was neither the selling or buying agent for the 2009 sale.  I've tried to contact the listed agent but there is no phone and I have not gotten an answer to email.
  I think it is Zillow's responsibility to remove this listing.  I've reported it 10 times to them and there has been no answer.  I am tired of my neighbors asking me if I am moving!

Listing provided by:

Joseph Park

Website:See listing website
Listing source:Homethinking LLC
Brokerage:Blissenbach and Associates

Report problem with listing

If your house is showing for sale and its not, most likely it is in a data feed from some agent. Zillow can't cancel data feeds, only manual remove.  Manual removal is quickly over written if in a data feed from a source outside Zillow.

If you open the property details page, scroll to the bottom and click on the blue "listing source".  Contact the parties mentioned in the listing source and ask them to remove it.   That will also remove it from other internet real estate websites.  (It can take up to 3 days to change the status on Zillow)

Does it show a listing agent? If it was for sale any time in the last few years, then it's possible an agent manually entered it on Zillow in order to try and attract a buyer. The agent will have to manually cancel it. Either way, Zillow should be showing who the listing agent is, and you should contact them.