Profile picture for daviddlm1

a contractor did some work in our house and never finish it what do we do about this

This contractor scammed me into doing extra work that he did not clear with the insurance company on the outside of my house and then did not complete the repairs to the inside and refuses to do the work per the insurance appraisal  and is now demanding full payment for work not done and has placed a lean on my house and even my mortgage company will not release the funds because the job is not finished and after being verbally assaulted both me and my wife by this contractor i don't want hem anywhere near me or my family so what can i do with this guy and how am i going to get the work i need done and have fixed the poor work this guy has already done david & maricola 174 elm st south bridge ma home phone 508-765-0075 cell phone 774-289-3140
  • October 25 2011 - Town of Southbridge
  • 0

Profile picture for shapiroamg
I would think the Attorney General's office would be the best place to start regarding this. The contractor is also licensed and you may be able to file a complaint with the licensing board as well.

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=cagotopic&L=2&L0=Home&L1=Consumer+Protection&sid=Cago

http://license.reg.state.ma.us/public/dpl_contact_info/dpl_contact_info.asp

You potentialy have several problems going on.  If he was not working directly with the insurance company, you need to see a lawyer for legal advice and assistance.  A contractor that practices like this can have a liability to you for damages caused by their failure to follow the contract.  Fraud could be involved and a lawyer can help protect your interests.  Find one who specializes in construction law.