Profile picture for grump507

anyone use u.s. home advisors

ive been talking to a company u.s.home advisors they charge 500.00 to help you get all your mod paper work together and in order and go through your financials for you and check to debt to income ratio and get on a conference call with you and lender to amke sure they will do a mod if everything is up to par basically your gonna send everything in yourself but they make sure you get it right the first time because everyone knows the biggest issue is always paperwork
has any used this company
  • January 23 2011 - US

Profile picture for Toymommy8
Absolutely not. This is a company that does not return calls or e-mails in a timely manner, and actually is right now refusing to talk to me at all because I asked for a refund. Completely unprofessional.

Profile picture for Dunes....
I think you ought to check this site out before making any decisions...
Loan Modification Scam Alert

You have questions you need answered before making such an important decision....

What qualifies these people to help me?

Are they licensed to do Business?

Are there complaints filed against them?

"We offer our help for free.  If the client needs help to put their paperwork together ... for an advisory fee of only of $500.00"

Hate to state the obvious, but if you are charging clients a $500 fee, then your services are not free.

Distressed homeowners have choices, but they need to make sure to do their research, protect themselves and explore all options before paying anyone. Some community organizations or other organized groups also offer free help and information from NACA here.

The Hope Now website is here. They are non-profit and sponsored by the government. The "self assessment" link is on their front page so you can see what help you might qualify for.

You do NOT have to pay anyone for a loan modification and a very large number of those companies either take your money and run and take your money and do no more than you could do yourself. Hope the link helps.

Profile picture for grump507
[Deleted for self promotion]

I highly suggest you both contact 'hope now" and seek their advise before you do anything with a loan modification company. It's a non for profit company that will help you for FREE. I would put he phone number
on here but it would just get deleted. I have searched many times for a loan modification company I could trust enough to refer my clients to and never found one.
Instead I found them all ( that I interviewed) to be working illegally. The stories I hear of clients in despair are heart wrenching. It sickens me a great deal that anyone could prey on them in their lowest time. 
Hope Now is a non for profit organization
I know to be trust worthy and helpful. 
If you do end up using a loan modification company,
Please let us know how it went once you have the approval papers from the lender.
Maybe there is one good one out there.
Best wishes. 

Profile picture for rk95014
I've recently contacted them and they're actually attempting to re-structure my HELOC for me. I'd be curious if you could share your experience with me either offline / in reply. Thanks.