Profile picture for jjbutton

are property dimensions measured from lot pin to lot pin?

I have a copy of a certified survey map from 1958, and from 1972 when our house was built. All of the lot dimensions on the surveys and universal appraisal reports  are the same. Are these measurements from lot pin to lot pin? Or do we also figure in the measurement from the middle of the road to the lot pin? We have no sidewalks in our little triangle in Brown Deer.  My measurements come up short when using lot pin to lot pin (assuming I found the right pins). When I add the measurement from the middle of the road to the lot pin, it matches what the surveys say.     

September 02 - Brown Deer

In my area, part of the street/sidewalk is included in your "lot", but in my last area it was not. I would call your local assessor's office or a local survey office. They can tell you how to read the survey and what the customary markings in your area mean (ie how lots are measured in relation to the pins).

September 02

1. 4971 N Iroquois Ave, Glendale, WI Home For Sale
    4971 N Iroquois Ave, Glendale, WI 53217

2. 6336 W Kaul Ave, Milwaukee, WI Home For Sale
    6336 W Kaul Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53218

3. 8100 W Villard Ave, Milwaukee, WI Home For Sale
    8100 W Villard Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53218

Sign in with Google