Profile picture for starthrower

are there any 'zillow' realtors in Beaverton OR? Or what does Zillow really do when I want to sell?

• August 18 2011 - Beaverton
  • 0

There are some great answers here. I've been working with Zillow a long time and I'd say their only competitor is Craigslist. There are many people that don't like Craigslist, but the numbers of people on the site are amazing - especially for real estate category. 

Profile picture for Dunes....
Just a side note about this..."But they look at other sites as much or more--Trulia, realtor.com, Yahoo real estate and others."

Realtor.com is part of Move Inc. .....Move Inc

Zillow /Yahoo (Put your Listing on Zillow and it also goes on Yahoo RE)

What that means is... "Between them, Move and Zillow can now sell advertisements on five sites that attract one in four visits in the real estate category."..August 18, 2011 Inman News

Not something Trulia can claim

Here are the Hitwise Industry Reports for more info ..Link

If you want to try to sell the home yourself, Zillow is a good place to advertise it.  I think they charge like $35-$40.  How many buyers look on Zillow? Depending on their age, a lot (not "alot" as some people think it's spelled).  But they look at other sites as much or more--Trulia, realtor.com, Yahoo real estate and others.

Zillow also bought a company called Postlets but I don't know if non-brokers get to use it.

There's no such thing as a Zillow agent.  As brokers, what we're supposed to do is ask our clients to write nice reviews for us, but honestly, I don't like asking people to do that.  Sometimes I do, I guess.  Also, Zillow sells zip codes to brokers for advertising, so the broker's mug shot is displayed front and center when buyers look in that particular zip code.

I can help you, maybe even locate a good agent, depending on your needs, but I don't do free CMAs anymore.  Good ones are hard to do, and I think people have to wonder what's behind an offer of a "free" anything.  But if that works for you, go for it.  This is still America, last I heard, and people are free to do whatever they want. :)

Which is cool.

Profile picture for Dunes....

""Premier Agents" on Zillow. These are agents who subscribe to premier advertising services on Zillow and spend a lot of time on the website interacting with buyers and sellers."

Interesting you would say that Joelle since a look at your Profile says you've been using Zillow since 2007 and this is your 1st post in it's Forum..199 photos..1 comment..20 Listings
I don't consider using Zillow to advertise your Listings interaction I call it Looking for Leads/Marketing/Advertising..nothing wrong with that but it's a Large stretch to say it is interaction IMO

The Premier Agent Program IS IN NO WAY CONNECTED TO ANY KIND OF PROOF AN AGENT IS A  GOOD AGENT...
It's just proof they paid Zillow to be part of their Premier Program and a Tag

Hi there,

Zillow can be a great resource for buyers and sellers--especially in Beaverton where market knowledge is key. Technically speaking--any real estate agent can be on Zillow. You will also see some "Premier Agents" on Zillow. These are agents who subscribe to premier advertising services on Zillow and spend a lot of time on the website interacting with buyers and sellers.

Its important to hire a Realtor who is keeping up with not only Zillow, but many other marketing tools to help sell your home. My team would love to offer you a complimentary Comparative Market Anaylsis for your home.

With inventories becoming increasingly depleted, now is a great time to get your home on the market. And there are many buyers searching right---especially on Zillow.

Feel free to visit my profile and get in touch with me at your earliest convenience.

Enjoy your day!

Zillow is a website that offers information on properties across the country.  The information varies as to accuracy but Zillow has included http://www.zillow.com/howto/DataCoverageZestimateAccuracy.htm on the bottom of every page so you can see what the difference is in your area.  By reading comments and advice columns you can select a Realtor that meets your needs.  We are not Zillow Realtors although we offer information and advice through the Zillow format.  It is a great tool for buyers and sellers and gives Realtors an opportunity to interact with those interested in real estate transactions.
Much success in your house search!

I work alot in Beaverton as my home is there as well. We can do a free analysis on your property to see where you are at in today's market and would love to meet with you and talk about your wishes.

If you go to my profile, it will give you my email and numbers as Zillow doesn't allow us to publish it on this feed. Thank you and take care.

Genie Shook
Principal Broker

Hello, if you're looking to get information on the market and what your home might be worth I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further.

For your reference and to see our client reviews you can view our Zillow profile by clicking on our link above.

Have a great day!

Steve

Zillow is basically an advertising/media site that offers tremendous exposure as well as huge databases for property analysis and trend analyses.   Therefore, if you are wanting to sell your home by FSBO, you can advertise on Zillow.    Zillow does not have agents, contracts, etc.

You can read more on the "about us" at the bottom of this page.