ateI have a loan with the wrong maturity

i took out a loan in 1998 and an end date in 2013.  i differed a payment in 2008 and the bank put the wrong end date of 2012. they have been telling me this end date for 6 years. i have sigend docs showing this date by them and myself. I made what i was told was the last payment for the last 6 years last month. then I told i have a remaning balance of 8000. talking to the bank i found the mistake in my paperwork back in 2006. they made a mistake with the date and signed it as did i. do i still owe a year or do they have to honor the mistake?
  • December 11 2012 - Downers Grove
  • 0

You need to talk to a real estate attorney about this. Let me know if you do not have one. I know some I could refer you to.

[Phone removed by Zillow moderator] is my cell number.

The note you signed shows an amount you owe, initially and an end date in which it must be paid in full. Any outstanding balance at that date is due in full on the end date.

In other words, regardless the end date, you owe the money.