Profile picture for pnc5

best advice on sale of my house in virginia beach--how to do this

Okay--I know I have been posting lots of ??? lately, so here is some background: My husband died in Jan 2012, I am housewife, and I took ins money to pay off bills, fix up house to sell down the road--my final redo, the kitchen, is coming up to the end--the house was originally bought by us in 1988 near Dam Neck(husband was Navy), now I want to move to Seattle to be near family--I have all other bills paid off but mortgage, and need to sell house to pay that off, and hopefully, have a small nest egg to go forward--trying to find my way thru a process without much help from family, friends, or neighbors--Good news is: two bathrooms redone, new privacy fence, recent roof redo, all recent Anderson windows done, complete kitchen/laundry/ halfbath redone----Next step?
  • September 23 2012 - US
  • 0

Again, Mary Jo Harrell is the name of a sweet Realtor that my husband and I used when we lived in Virginia Beach in 2006.  We have since moved andnow I am a Realtor in Florida, but look her up. She will treat you with
honesty and respect.  ;) (She'll take you out to eat too.;)

Profile picture for CallTheSisters
You can find experienced agents here on Zillow by doing a search for Virginia Beach Real Estate.  Many agents will be featured.  Pick 3 from different firms and ask them to do a CMA.  Interview them and see who is the most aggressive.

Ditto on what Rita said below. That is sound advice.

Tim

Profile picture for Rita Walker
Please call an experienced Realtor in your area. Interview many if need be.
Find out how they advertise and how fast they have been selling (average days on the market for your type of property).
They can also give you the statistics of what is selling and for what price in your neighborhood, at no charge to you, prior to signing a contract.
Be realistic!! Just because they give you the highest list price (to obtain your business) is not the judge of a good Realtor.