Profile picture for PukonYukon

buyer's agent filled out repair form wrong, is it ok for my agent to just correct and we sign?

I'm a little uncomfortable with this mistake.  The buyer's agent gave our agent  the notice of repairs form at the top there is a section for termite treatment and he marked "treatment required"  but the termite cert was good.  our agent talked to him and the short version is - he's new and thought that applied to other repairs.  She's worried he'll just screw it up more if we have him redo, so we are marking it out, writing an explanation and intitialing that.   I trust my agent but...is there danger here that I should be asking her about? they buyer's agent has had several goofy things- the offer didn't have all the pages etc.  She's stayed after him for it but...I'm worried she's tired and we will be at some kind of risk.
  • March 07 2011 - Oklahoma City

Profile picture for Connie Klemme

just wondering if you've closed yet and if all went well. 

Profile picture for PukonYukon

it's been weird all the way through...but I'm sure glad we had a real estate agent to catch all the weirdness and deal with it.  I think the agent on the other side must be new. 

Profile picture for Depodepo
You can change it and initial it but you should have the other side initial it as well.

Don't be worried.  If it were me, I would also correct his mistake, initial the change and send it back to the other party and have them recognize the change with initials.  Glad to see you are getting your home sold and moving on!  Good Luck! 

Cross it out, initial where it's crossed out, do the explanation, initial the explanation and have the sellers initial the same spot(s).

Otherwise you can also attach an amendment that denotes the correction and have both parties sign the amendment.

I got back a contract where the sellers agent spelled my clients name with an 'e' instead of an 'o' on some of the additional contract documents. He wrote an  amendment stating the correct spelling of the clients name and both parties signed the amendment. Easy Peezy.

Profile picture for Connie Klemme

I would reccommend also attaching the termite certificate to the form.  Marking things out and initialing them are normal, get the buyer's initials by the changes as well.