Profile picture for kandscrane

can a 520 credit score get a va loan?

• September 18 2010 - US
  • 0

I find the major problem with government loans is the lenders have overlays.  The overlays vary greatly lender to lender.  So you may read somewhere that the credit score should not be a factor but you'll soon find out each lender has their very own overlays. 
I personally do not know of a lender that will do a VA loan with a 520 credit score - need more like a 600 in my world. 
Let me ask you - is there a way to work on getting that credit score higher easily?  I know I could make a quick analysis and figure it out - there just has to be a reason for that score.
I wish you the best!
Sincerely,
Celia

It is best to contact a loan officer to get you the information you need.  There are alot of variables that dictate the answer to your question.

Profile picture for remaxagent33
Have you talked to a lender? A lender would be able to tell you this. But from what I've seen on the internet, there is no minimum credit score required but talk to a lender.