Profile picture for CassandraPryor

can a house be sold the owner died house has a reverse mortgage. I am his daughter house

is not in my name I am going through probate, can it be sold without probate ?
  • June 23 2013 - Jefferson Park
  • 0

Unfortunately no, it will have to complete the probate process through the courts. If your father had a reverse mortgage, there might not be anything left after creditors are paid, attorney fees taken care of etc. etc.

When the holder of a reverse mortgage dies, it is a bit complicated and there are a number of options.  I bumped into this linked article with a google search that spells it out reasonably.   Please call the holder of the reverse mortgage to discuss the options and review the situation with the attorney helping you through the probate process.