can i bid online without a real estate agent ?

I am interested in real estate investment and there is a property in my neighborhood that is listed and I would like to start with that property.  I am looking for additional income and this looks like a great place to start.

• August 25 2013 - Bedford Heights

Are you talking about a government auction such as HUD or a site such as eBay or Auction.com?

It's easy to let the lure of a "great deal" blind you to the risks. If you are not yet an experienced investor, start interviewing buyer agents and look for those with expertise in these types of purchases.

Thank you for the advise, I am looking for a good HONEST agent that can guide me through the process. This would be my first time attempting this type of deal

Can you bid on-line? Is it an auction property through one of the on-line auction sites?  You will have to check the rules for the site to see if they require an agent or not. 

How many homes have you bought on-line?  How well versed are you with terms of the auction?  How well do you know the contract that will be presented to you?

Buying homes at on-line auctions is not for inexperienced buyers. You can easily find yourself in a bad deal.

Profile picture for SteveMattison
Sure you can, you can also represent yourself in a court of law without a lawyer, but why would you?