Profile picture for racerdude41

can i get a mortgage loan with a credit score of 525

October 21 2011 - Palmdale

Profile picture for CloudyView
By Zillow's own definition it's spam. I never flagged it before, but thanks for reminding me.

Zillow's Definition of SPAM
"This includes posts/questions where the intent is to direct somebody to a third party website, related services geared towards enticing people to go elsewhere or offering something attractive to draw an audience of users."

And you missed the point anyway. Someone that runs around asking to see people's license when they post anything that resembles mortgage advice should refrain from doing so when they are not licensed either. Someone that runs around complaining about people posting links to their site should refrain from doing so as well. 

If the policy was as sunnyview stated, anyone could start posting links to their blogs just to get hits and I believe that is what Zillow is trying to avoid with their above, very clearly stated policy on SPAM.

The true arbiters of whether or not something is spam belongs to Zillow. If a person believes something is spam they are free to flag it for removal.

The link that Sunnyview provided was posted four days ago and has not been removed.

Thus you can safely conclude that Zillow does not consider this to be spam.

I am not Zillow so I don't make the rules for the site. What I think spam is or isn't does not really matter. As I said before, if you see spam on the site you can flag it and they will review it.

As far as information goes, I think that people get a lot of good information on Zillow. Much of that information is top notch, but occasionally information posted is not correct. Some of those advice posters are licensed some are not. Fortunately, this format allows for comments and links to outside information. As a result from what I have seen, it is somewhat unusual for errors to go unaddressed by the other forum members when they do occur.

I think most people on Zillow get helpful ideas, links to information and good input in Advice. Those that don't get what they are looking for or need specific professional help have a variety of professionals to choose from to hire for an opinion.

Profile picture for CloudyView
Just so I understand Sunny. You believe if an actual loan officer with an actual license answers the question and posts a link to their site with the actual, correct information, that is spam because their site if for profit, but you can post your unlicensed, possibly correct maybe incorrect advice and link to it as much as you want because you are not looking to profit. Do I have that right? 

I feel sorry for consumers on this site if that is the case. If it is the case, I wonder why you care if anyone has a license or not since you seem to think you can answer every question and instruct the world about all things even though you have not a drop of experience or a single license or qualification to do so.

I guess I don't see it the same way, but I respect your opinion. If you feel my blog post is spam, I would encourage you to flag it using the small white flag in the corner of the post box. I believe that flagging posts sends an email to Zillow along with the thread hotlink, but I am not sure so if you want you can just paste the link into the flag box with your comment so they get them together.

Other posters on Zillow post links to their informational blogs without issue, but if you feel differently please flag it so Zillow can take a look. 

Profile picture for CloudyView

Hi recerdude,

yes you may be able to.

you may be able to do a private loan but with that you may need to put down 20%.

but you may also be able to assume a loan.

or a lease option. 

You could also start trying to fix your credit.

Do you have a foreclosure or bankruptcy?

Pull up your credit and challenge anything that is inaccurate.

Per FDCPA and FCRA the creditor has to remove the account if they can not verify the debt within 30 to 45 days.  Also they have to prove how they verified the debt.

Good luck.  
Some lenders will do a loan if you did a short sale and stayed current.  Each lenders has different programs.

@Cloudy
Glad to hear it. Honestly, I don't mind the rain or clouds as much as I dislike the xxxx so that's at least one thing we may have in common.

Your opinion is yours and I respect that. Any state that has an issue with public opinions given for free without commercial gain knows where to find me and everyone else that posts here. No need to pretend anything.

Profile picture for CloudyView
@ Sunny

Actually, I'm having a fabulous night. Sunshine is not always better, you need clouds to bring rain to wash away the xxxx

As for your blog being non-commercial. So what? You give advice as if you are an expert and you have no credentials to do so. Many states would order you to cease and desist unlicensed activities. You act as if you are an expert and you are not. I have seen you answer this very question about someone getting a mortgage with a specific credit score with certainty and I am not sure how you can do that since you HAVE NO LICENSE. If you were acting as someone's lawyer without a license it would make no difference if you were charging or making money. It's still not legal to pretend to be what you are not whether you do it for a fee or for fun.

@Cloudy My blog is 100% non commercial and does not plug anything. It was just an easy place to post information. Since I make no money on Zillow, there is no really no benefit to posting a license or professional information. Sorry you're having such a bad night. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

@Lance I did see your professional profile. I just wanted to know if you were also connected with a lender in a different capacity that's all. Thanks for the plain english explanation. All the best.

Sunnyview,

If you read my profile you would know I am not a lender.  As my profile states, I am COO of a Quality Control and Compliance Management company; in English...I audit mortgage lenders.

Profile picture for CloudyView
@sunnyview

Who do you think you are questioning people about licenses when all you do all day is sit around answering mortgage questions when you clearly have none? You even have the nerve to have a blog advising people about credit and mortgages. You are the biggest hypocrite here. I even saw you post a link to you blog yet you accuse others of spamming when they do. 

Post your license or [inappropriate language deleted by Zillow moderator]

If you are a Lender Lance then would you mind posting your license number? I didn't see it in your profile.

Score 525, 10% down, no gifts allowed; along with all the rest of FHA requirements.

No ...dont think so