can i get a mortgage?

I have been in the same trade for 20 years but just recently switched employers. If it matters, I now work for the federal government. My base income is $81000/year. I have no debt, but little recent credit history. My fico is 586 due to some old issues. Is there a loan that I cam qualify for? Looking to buy this year, if possible. Price around 225000. I would appreciate any input. Thanks Rick

June 16 2013 - Aberdeen

Switching employers is not a problem.  We need 2 pay stubs from your current employer before the loan closes.  I can do loans down to 500 credit score and would be happy to talk to you about your options.

February 17
I beliwve I can help out. My company does purchase loans with FICO's down to 500. First we would look to help boost that score and then see what type of prgram we can pre-qualify you with.

Feel free to contact me if you need help or any other questions!

Best wishes!
-Scott

February 17
I am a local lender and live in Perryville myself. I noticed your post is old, but if you are still looking for some guidance, feel free to contact me.  We have the ability to go down to a 580 credit score, but we also look at ways to improve your credit as well.  Feel free to contact me via my profile.

February 17
Congrats on the new job!  There a several tools that the credit bureaus provide that will give us a clear road map as to what you will need to do in order to get your scores up to where they need to be in order to qualify for your new home loan. In some cases in as little as 20-30 days. I should ask, where did you obtain the information that provided you with the 586 credit score?  I know, several years ago, when I was working on my credit I was getting mixed information from a consumer website of what the scores were compared to when pulled by the mortgage lender.  In my case, the scores were actually better!  If you'd like to discuss some of your options or have any other questions, feel free to [Contact information removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for information.] 

- Jim 

You need to work with a seasoned Loan Officer. A 586 can come up quickly with the right Captain at the helm.

Best of Luck!

Call [spam content removed by Zillow moderator due to violation of Good Neighbor Policy]. They should be able to do the loan for you.

Ive had several clients boost their scores by doing a few smart things with their credit as long as there is no bad recent debt.  They are things my lender suggests.  Email me if you would like to know these steps. Usually takes 2-5 months depending on the steps you take. 

As for a switch in an employer, most lenders will be fine with this as long as it is a similar field/increased job opportunity.  Where they frown on it is where you go from salary to commission or from something like a mgmt to waitress. (As an example). 

Good luck.