can i include rental income from my condo that I bought just last month

I have bought a condo out of state and am currently applying for a mortgage for a home where I actually live , as primary home. Can i include the rental income from the condo that I just bought as part of my income? I heard conflicting things about it, like some say that income has to be there for two years and others dont think thats the case. will appreciate clarification
  • May 28 2012 - Buffalo
  • 0

it depends, if that is your only investment property? If so you will have to wait until 1 years tax return with the rental income.  Are you looking to refinance or purchase? 

Profile picture for hmostafa
You can claim the income after one year, once your tax is done, when this rental income will be on the section E your income tax.