Profile picture for mygigi

can we buy a home making 72,000 and my husbands credit score is 528

• February 16 2010 - Frisco
  • 0

Naima is spot on.

I met with a credit clean-up guy today and he mentioned the same thing.  The score is always changing for many reasons.  To answer your question, there are a couple other factors we need to know.  Price of home, Down payment and if you havea substantial amount of debt.

Obviously, those two answers would allow us to answer, but without that, who knows.

[content removed by moderator]

I have a client who had a credit score of 560 on March 30 when we pulled his credit score.  He paid off several collections and his score went up to 690 last week.  Yesterday it was up to 750.  There was no rapid rescore done and he didn't use a credit repair company.  I gave him his credit report and he did it on his own.

I am in shock and he is extatic !!!!  We are closing on his new home Friday.  There is hope!

Naima

Yes get it to 620 and find you a lender who can help you out with finding good down payment assistance in your county that you are looking to buy in if you are a first time home buyer.

I see you posted this some time ago, and there were no responses....hopefully you've got your answer by now though.

If not, I'll try to help some.

The best bet is to speak directly to a lender, one that will help you get the items straightened out that you need to in order to bring your FICO score up.  These days a 620, plus down payment and closing costs (roughly 8% of your purchase price) is what it's taking to get into a home.

There are lenders out there that can probably do a 580, and some that can finance in some of your closing costs to help reduce your out of pocket expenses, as well as a using a godd buyer's agent that knows how to negotiate some of those in your contract for you to help out.

My first call would be to a lender, don't be a fraid to interview several and see who is willing to put in the time to help you get squared away so that you can get a loan.

Good luck and happy hunting!

John King
San Antonio, TX