Profile picture for dan.n.yvette

can you find out if your landlord letting the house i rent go to forclosure before it actually does?

I would if it was possible to find out if there is a lien on the house that i rent and if there is if the owner is behind at all in his mortgage payments.  I don't think he is and would like to be prepared to move rather than finding out at the last minute.  I am a grandmother raising all 3 of my grandchildren full time and on my own and moving will be a huge task and would like to know as soon as possible if the information is available to me i am just not sure where to start
  • August 18 2011 - Mclane
  • 0

Do you have reason to suspect that there is a problem?  This information is not public information - it is between the lender and your landlord.  However, the federal government has put some protections in place.