Profile picture for the5js

can you give me an idea of the monthly utility bills for a summer & winter month in Lancaster, ca

• July 09 2009 - Lancaster
  • 0

Desert landscape is a way to save money on your water bill, evaporative cooler instead of regular A/C and solar panels will save on electricity, you can else call the utility companies to come and check your home you may qualify for upgrades for energy saving appliances or home repairs.
Good luck

I am currently saving about $65 a month on my water bill by getting rid of my grass and going to a desert landscape. It's good for the environment and good for my pocket. Something to think about.

if you are inquiring in regrads to a specific property you can contact edison for the average electric bill and southern california gas for the gas bill on average.

Profile picture for dorothea56
It depends on the size of the house. My house is 3061 sq. ft. and my electric bill in the summer runs 270.00 p/m but I have also installed evaporative air into my home which is much cheaper than central air. My gas bill runs about $115.00 in the winter.  So take it from there.

a ton for the summer and 1/2 ton for the winter... very extreme tempture differences...

Profile picture for margoa78
Summer is very expensive, you will need to run your air conditioning 24-7. unless you arent bothered by intense heat.  Gas is always pretty cheap especially in the Summer of course.
Water bills can be high also in the Summer.  I cant give you exact costs as every household varies.