Profile picture for pinkkisses1185

changes of getting a mortgage?

I am wondering that the chances of being approved for a mortgage are? A little over a 2 years ago I had to quit my job and as a result of that I had to have my car reposessed. My boyfriend was the co signer on my car and now we are trying to get pre approved for a mortgage.....is it even worth it? I know that having the car repossed really damaged my credit.

• July 14 2010 - Clackamas
  • 0

Profile picture for pinkkisses1185
Yes, I am paying a monthly payment on my car that was repossed.

The first thing to do is to pull up your credit reports and check to see what is reported, as well as your current credit scores. 

When you had the car repossessed, did you pay the difference from what they could sell it for and what you owed?   If not, are you paying on that now?   That will help.

Chances are good that your scores don't look great, but not knowing any of your other financial situation I'm only guessing.