Profile picture for bettyboop2000

changing title on house

my mom died last year we have been living with her for the last 6 years and the idea was for me to take over the house. she died unexpectaly  and i don't know what it will take to do this. we have to mortages one with my name and the other under my moms i have been paying both and it is killing me what can i do
  • July 31 2013 - New Port Richey
  • 0

This is a little late to respond but this may help someone else who is facing something similar. You should contact a title company directly. They will let you know exactly what you need to provide in order to sell after a decedent's death. That is the best way.

In my experience I have worked with sellers who are children and one or both of their parents passed. They provided a copy of a death certificate and their will or trust docs to the title company then listed their parent(s) home for sale.

You noted that there is no will. Therefore I suggest you contact a title company directly first.

Profile picture for bettyboop2000
even though there is a second loan and i have 3 siblings no will

Profile picture for Rebecca Marvel
You'll need a copy of her death certificate and any will stating that you are executor, etc.  You can then list/sell the house or refi.