Profile picture for lalugan

changing zestimate

I own my home at 605 Edgemont Ct., Andover, KS 67002. On your site, it shows zestimate as  $121,000 which is way lower than the price (market value is $225,000.- and the other houses  in the neighborhood were sold the same and higher prices recently even though they didn't have the upgrades as much as mine). Please change your zestimate amount on my house, because you are giving a wrong information on my house value. Thanks
  • October 19 2013 - Andover
  • 0

A Zestimate is an opinion of value, but Kansas makes it very hard because Kansas is a non-disclosure state (i.e. sales prices are not public information - you know about the local sales info than is available to Zillow).   Consequently, Zillow gives themselves one star out of four for accuracy in Kansas (see link).    I am shocked that several states remain in the 19th century and don't allow anyone except a private professional group to know sales prices.  It is a disservice to the public. (Contact your state politicians).

Profile picture for lalugan
Thank you... and hope we can get Zillow's attention to this subject one day who knows!!!!

Profile picture for lalugan
Thank you. The home next to me (603 Edgemont Ct.) has been sold for $238,000 and the other one (1420 Fountain Ct.) has been sold for $225,000 in the last couple of months. The house on 601 Edgemont Ct., is on the market for $215,000 (unfinished basement) and zestimate for this house is also wrong and it is $101,000. So the people in charge at Zillow please do your job right and correct those mistakes. You are giving out wrong information to the buyers!!!!

Good luck with that, I do sympathize with you. Zillow has a set of algorithms that create the zestimate. My contacts at Zillow cannot do a darn thing about it, stating thats its automated. You can however post a owners zestimate,with a reson for your value.