Profile picture for BarbaraDouglas

coming soon.

what does this mean on the homepath site?  Can it be sold before it is listed?  I have found a home that is shown as coming soon, and I am very interested in it.  What is the best way to proceed.  Thanks
  • February 16 2012 - Detroit
  • 0

Profile picture for Caveat Emptor
no, i was referring to this, well i guess you think its a myth, but this idea that someone might research a property, look at area comps and make an offer based on the value of the house rather than the list price.

well it depends on what property you are talking about. You need to find out what other properties have sold in the same area with similar features. This would be a start. Then negotiation starts with the seller. Are you working with a buyer's agent to assist you with these issues? I highly recommend you find a agent to assist you if you have not. If the property is in my area I will be happy to assist. You can email me if you would like me to help with assistance in your real estate needs.

Well I GUESS you could offer a million dollars for a home that homepath lists for 1 dollar.

But I guess that's your choice, eh?

What property and in what location are you looking at. If it is in my area I will find out any information you need. Please let me know what you are looking for.

Profile picture for Caveat Emptor
since when does one's offer have anything to do with the list price?

I just checked the Homepath site and they don't have a sale price listed for 'Coming Soon' listings so it would be impossible to make an offer as you don't know the list price.

You can set up an email notification on the site which would tell you when the property went active. You could also email the listing agent asking them to contact you when the home goes active (50 / 50 chance of them getting back to you as they have MANY listings). Or you could get your own agent to set up an search on their local MLS system that would send you an email when the home goes active.