Profile picture for pawsnclaws4me

concerns about area with many homes for sale

I am a first time home buyer and I want to do my due dilligence when deciding to purchase a house.  I have noticed a large amount for homes that are either rented or for sale within a few couple of streets of each other. This made me want to red flag this area.  I know I can research crime rates, Megan's law, and animal control issues but is there anything else? 
  • August 03 2014 - Ridgecrest
  • 0

Areas with lots of rentals usually mean 1 of 2 things...  The area is very desirable or homes are cheap (or both).  This is what attracts the typical real estate investor.  These areas tend to also be attractive to the first time home buyer.  Therefore these areas do tend to have more turn-over which isn't necessarily a bad thing many times it means the first time home buyers are moving up.  Definitely look into crime rates but also schools.  Good schools tend to have lower crime and make for an easier resell when YOU are moving on up!