credit score above seven hundred. Can I get financed on a home around sevenhundredk?

October 23 2012 - Dallas

You have a score that will qualify you for a loan, but the other factors that contribute to how much a lender will lend you are: amount of long term debt, verifiable income, work history, and the value of the home. The best and easiest way to get an answer to this question is to speak with a loan officer within a few months of being ready to move. My suggestion to clients is stay away from the huge banks because they are overwhelmed with customers and their processing takes much more time than a mortgage company's processing time. Mortgage companies will run your credit application and calculate exactly what you will be able to qualify for, this service is usually free of charge, because they expect you to get the loan through them. I have some great lender contact if you would like to speak with them. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

There are many aspects to whether you can get financing for a home. A credit score of 700 is very acceptable and if you have a good/consistent income I'm sure you could find financing. 

If you have other questions let me know!

Your credit scores show just one aspect of your total financial picture.  I strongly urge you to contact a lending professional (mortgage lender, bank, credit union, etc.) right away.  They are trained to give you concrete answers to your specific situation. Realtors are neither trained nor licensed to give advice on lending matters - that is best left to the lending industry professionals! I hope this helps!

Hi there,

Besides the credit score there are also other factors come in to play with home loan.

It goes with income and debt ratio and job history and other factors. You can email me and I will share with you my lenders contact.

Dixon

Contact any lender of your choice and they will pre-qual you for free and then you will know where you stand.

Good luck.

Kenny
TURTLE CREEK REALTY

I would talk to family, friends, etc to see if they know a good mortgage broker in your area who I'm sure would be delighted to help you!

Good luck

Contact at least two mortgage brokers to find out more about your financial options.  Good luck!

Hi!

Your credit scores show just one aspect of your total financial picture.  I strongly urge you to contact a lending professional (mortgage lender, bank, credit union, etc.) right away.  They are trained to give you concrete answers to your specific situation.

Realtors are neither trained nor licensed to give advice on lending matters - that is best left to the lending industry professionals!

I hope this helps!  Feel free to contact me any time!

Sincerely,

Peter Del Vecchio
Buyer's Realtor ®
RE/MAX Affinity Group
[deleted by Zillow  moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Yes, as long as your debt to income ratio allows you. Lenders also like at least 2 years in the same work field (it doesn't have to be the same company, just the same line of work.)

Credit score is only a portion of the process.   Your debt load and income are also important.     

Have you investigated the "what can I afford" calculator (link)?

Put in a request for mortgage quotes?