Profile picture for peddlersroost

credit score

I recently tried to purchase my credit score I paid $7.95 for Experian to tell me I have no credit score, I have a file but no score. I applied for a store credit card to try and build credit and was told I have no credit record. How on earth are you suppose to build credit if no one will give you the chance? I would like to purchasse a house but with no credit how can I? any suggestions? 
  • May 22 2010 - Oregon City
  • 0

A secured credit cards is a good start. You also need to start buying stuff with credit, when you are given the chance. Do not always pay with cash. You can still pay off your bills momthly. To get credit you have to use credit. The key is to get Good Credit.

Good Luck

Go to your local bank and if they can't assist, go online and look at web sites that review credit card companies that rate secured credit card and possibly apply.

I would also go to the experian web site and review topics on how to build your credit.

A secured credit card is often a good start if you have no credit history or scores.  Your local bank or credit union can help with that and would be more likely to approve you with a lack of credit history.