do the fees that I get for doing a BPO have to go through my managing broker

I am a broker in Illinois and him doing BPO's and up until now have been being paid directly by the BPO company. Now my managing broker tells me it is illegal to do this and the fees need to go to his company and he will pay me. Trying to find out if this is true or not
  • March 05 2014 - US
  • 0

What does your contract state?  There has been cases the broker wants a cut of every income whether it is property management, BPO, home staging causes misunderstanding. If he says it is convince your self he is right.

It really depends on your agreement with your broker. In most cases, your broker is right and payments should go to him and then to you.