Profile picture for Cajunbayou

do you have any information for 1st time home buyers?

September 17 2011 - West Palm Beach

Buy Real estate involved a large number of people and it can be a very stressful process for firts time buyer, because everything is  new for them.
some real estate agent forget that. I was a first time buyer and I remember well how scary was for myself, all the new terms, rate, escrow, points. I was not sure about anything and I have to make decisions on all of them.
My best advice is hire a Real estate agent that can answer patiently all your questions. If you have more specific questions you can contact us for advice.

Profile picture for Dunes....
The First thing you do IS NOT run out and just hire any ol Agent....

Why? Because this is a very Large Business Transaction and the Selection of an Agent is an Important one for a lot of different reasons..

Select wisely and take the time to be sure you find the Best Agent for you...Become informed..be smart with your money...if there is a good Deal be able to recognize it, if there is a Bad Deal be able to recognize it

Now here are some places to start..Check out the info, resources, options you have available to protect yourself..to find what you are looking for..Good Luck

I would suggest you give this Fed. Gov. Site a look, it has all the Current Fed Housing Loans (FHA/Vet/USDA ect.) and you search for specific information, compare options, or take a short questionnaire to determine your eligibility for each program.....Fed Loans..Housing

I would suggest you read the 9 Steps to Homebuying on the Hud site as they are an excellent guide & Resource plus links to your Local Homebuyer Programs....
(Step 3 is interview lenders..Step 5 is interview RE Agents)..
Buying a Home

Check out all this information from the Dept. of Justice Web Site...
Competing Models of Real Estate Brokerage

Consumers Can Save Thousands of Dollars in Commissions

Competition and Real Estate... Real Estate Laws in Your State

You could also make use of the Fed Gov and Banks Sites they have created to allow the Public to view their Properties for Sale/Foreclosure/REO..Get a feel for Prices and different Options

Sites like...HUD Homes...Fannie Mae
You can find the links to all the Gov sites here...Link

Bank sites like....Bank of America...Wells Fargo
You can find links to Bank sites here...Link

For finding Public Records, Property Records, Tax Sales posted ect. you may find this Public Records Search Engine helpful...Check it out
Free Public Records Search Directory

You have options .. become familiar with them..Protect yourself

Take a look at my zillow profile and look at the links in it. There are blogs covering all kinds of things related to buying a house. That includes figuring out if renting or buying makes more sense, things to look for when buying a property, the basic overview of the buying process and more.

This is one example if you click on it.
"How to determine what you can safely afford to pay towards your monthly mortgage payment. Lenders may give a different number. "

Thanks for your questions "Cajunbayou".

I have a WORD document that describes the home buying process from start to end I can e-mail to you if you want to contact me.

If you sort the buying section with "guides first", you'll end up with a wealth of reading.