Profile picture for dcat471

does any brokers on this site do FHA steamline refinances?

I have a 6.25% loan and would love to refinance only with a FHA streamline to limited costs, i.e. appraisal, etc.

• June 29 2010 - Shingle Springs
  • 0

Profile picture for Home Lending Pros.
Are you missing what the borrower is asking for?-streamline, no appraisal.

This is what the borrower is requesting.

Any other way WOULD require an appraisal.

Profile picture for Crestico Funding
Yes, you can find a No Closing Cost Loan which at first seems like a great idea, but if you look at the amount you will pay extra in Finance Charges in the course of your loan, you might want to reconsider and look for a Broker or Lender who has a cost upfront but can provide you with saving on long term.

Clay and Andrew, thanks for bringing up valid points and ones I've been pretty passionate about lately.

"No closing costs...." what a bunch of garbage! Yes, we know why some lenders say that but it is patently false.

I had two clients recently decide NOT to take the "no cost" refinance offered them by other lenders when I showed them the $7,000 increase to their loan balance due to the differential in the old and new Up Front Mortgage Insurance Premium.

Giving up $7,000 in equity sure sounds like a "cost" to me.

Lenders - let's be honest with consumers about how the program works. There are at least $2,000 to $3,000 in hard costs that must be covered up by a lender credit and that's not even touching the mortgage insurance premium issue.

Maybe it was a good thing HUD instituted the 5% payment reduction rule.

4.125% 30 Yr High Balance No Fees

3.625% 30 Yr No Fees

and who pays the UFMIP, either the difference or a whole new add? That is a cost too. I have to admit he has the best pricing I have ever seen...................

WOW...FHA Streamlines have no loan closing costs!

So tell me who pays to record the note, mortgage and deed?
Who certifies clean title for free?
I have never seen a re-issue rate on Title Insurance at $0 per thousand.

Every loan has costs associated with closing them, how and who pays those costs can be manipulated but they are being paid and they do exist!

Profile picture for Home Lending Pros.
@dcat471

FYI,
Not knowing what loan amount you have?
i can only guess...4.5% less than $417,000 /// 4.75% greater than $417,000...fha streamlines have no loan closing costs.

Thats one of our specialties - give me a call and I'll run the information for you - we can have it wrapped up in 30 days or less.

Geoff Boyd
Prime Lending (A Plains Capital Bank Company)
Clackamas, OR
[contact info removed by moderator]