Profile picture for Blueflame1979

does anyone know of any lenders that specialize with Usda loans in Ny?

My wife and I are looking to get into a home by the end of August of 2015. I have searched the internet all over, but have not found information on any lenders that have experience with Usda loans near the area that we are interested. I also wanted to know if anyone has had a Usda loan in ny, I was curious because I see alot of nightmare stories on usda loans, but in other states. Specifically on the wait time. Maybe Ny could be different, any information would be a great help.

August 14 - US

The most important thing to understand is there are two different underwriting departments for guaranteed USDA loans. These loans are underwritten first by the company you choose and then underwritten again by usda. If you have a slow bank then this just adds time to the equation. If your banker has not qualified your income properly then that can be a problem. Depending on where you live in NY will determine which USDA group underwrites your mortgage. You can call them directly and ask them what underwriting turn times are. If you are looking into getting a USDA mortgage directly from USDA then you need to contact your local office only.

August 14