Profile picture for KerriStetson

does anyone use a lead generation program ? are they worth the $$, which ones should I try or not ?

I'm looking into programs like house vaules,lead to realty. are they worht the money or will I be very sorry? any input would be great 
  • February 05 2009 - Cranston
  • 0

I am a Broker - Owner and it always amazes me that agent just don't want to do the leg work that our business demands... so many good suggestions... work your SOI, FSBO's, Expireds and Farm... Get out and meet and greet the people... someone once told me it is not necessary who I know but who knows me... join in, have some fun and create business... even in todays market, everyone still talks real estate... and many see the benefit of buying property that is in some cases 50% off and many sellers still must sell! weather they have equity or it becomes a short sale... it is business .. so go and get it!

good luck!

Profile picture for Peter J Rogers
Like Don i have a web site and use "pay by click" which is relatively inexpensive.
When I was at Keller I made sure my web site stood out and as a result got several referrals from KW agents around the country.
I used a Homes.com site and they have good examples for KW. You can also do advertising through them
Far better use for your advertising dollars.

House Values / Market Leader / what ever else they want to call themselves these days almost put me out of business. I too quickly learned that the “leads” they were generating were crap but there is no backing out on them.

After a year and a whole lot of money I happily canceled my contract and closed ZERO transactions from that huge mistake.

I do have a pay per click for my website that has been good and I can play with the monthly cost as needed. I also use a Google ad words account for a different site that has been good not great.

But Mike is correct work the expired&FSBO markets they don’t cost anything. And what ever you do improve you contact with you sphere of influence. Past clients family and friends are always a good source of business.

What resources does your broker offer?

I used House Values (now Market Leader) for a year. It was a waste of time and money. I realized that early on but had to fulfill the contract. It's up at the end of this month and I will never do that again. Learn from my mistake FSBO's and Expireds are good. Hard work but viable. Try socializing. People trust people they know. You may be a wonderful person and a great agent but people have to know you to trust you. Try Twitter, Brightkite, and Active Rain. On the social networks, don't just announce that you are a realtor looking for business, make real connections with people. You can get business off of your website too, if done correctly. In Real Life (IRL), become involved in life: join a club, meet people that do what you enjoy doing, volunteer with a group you believe in the cause, listen more than you talk.Call me if you want more suggestions or clarification. I'm here to help.

The two that I tried (I was new my SOI was dysfunctional and I was hungry the 2nd time it came as part of a try and buy website) I actually got one but it was very poor and hasn't closed yet!
So my voice is added to no don't bother.
Here is a site that costs nothing to very little Nestors, also farm and work your farm, put out as much personal touch as you can. My first year farming I got a listing. Took 5 months to get them ready but sold it in less than 60 days! (in 2008! in mountlake terrace). Work FSBO's and expireds better set of skills involved.

Get on MLS and pull up expired and cancelled listings. It's free. 

Profile picture for Peter J Rogers

let me lead the chorus - NO they are not. There are a few that allow you to pay a referral fee upon closing and thats ok but with the others you are paying a great deal of money for a phone number which they sell to more than one realtor so your chances of closing are minimal.