does having garage floor epoxy improve value

I recently had the garage floor (3 car garage with a two car door and a one car door) stripped and epoxy resin put down, with a clear coat finish on top. Does this add value to my home? if so, how much?

August 23 2013 - Bradenton

I think it absolutely adds value to the end price.  In the eyes of a buyer, a seller who is willing to go through the efforts to do this to a garage floor will have done a lot of other extras to their home.  The more items that are improved and not in need of clean, updating or remodeling the higher the price a house will get.  I am not saying that only a nice garage floor is important, but I am making the assumption that the rest of the home also has little improvements like this too.
Like most have said you won't be able to put a line item on the appraisal, but the cleanest, nicest and best home always wins the beauty contest and price war.  Thus that property will get a better price.

It really would not make a difference in value but someone may see it as cosmetically appealing to have it finished creating value for the buyer.

It adds value only to those who know the difference. Many other people are going to just view it as fresh paint and not give it a second thought.

As a contractor I know that most people only look at the finish results of something, few actually care that it cost more because of this or that reason...that is also why I don't compete when it comes to pricing.

I have a strong bottom line when it comes to quality, one that I will not go under and it has cost me a few jobs.
For me it isn't about the cheapest, it is about quality in materials and craftsmanship...over half the people don't / won't understand that.
-Joseph-

Any appraiser that I have ever dealt with would not add any extra value because of your garage floor.  The buyer might consider it a value and pick your home over the others in the neighborhood, but appraiser would be hard pressed to add anything extra (In my experience)

It adds value.  Value that as most have have mentioned may be hard to quantify. However, as a seller your goal is/should also be to out-compete your competitors.  As a buyer's agent, it is amazing how many times I have heard that the deciding factor between several comparables was something like the new kitchen sink,  shelving in the closets, recessed lighting in the den,  or pocket doors.   Your garage floor will do the same.  

No, but it does give you a really nice floor in the garage.

Any well installed Home Improvements will increase your homes appeal to buyers. You may not see, increased value in a sales price, however your home could sell quicker than your neighbors.

It doesn't really make a difference in value.  I've had it on my last 2 garage floors and loved it!  So, the value is in your enjoyment.   When you go to sell, it just might be the little extras that you've enjoyed, that will help someone choose your home over a comparable one at the same price.

I think that this type of treatment looks wonderful but I doubt that it will add substantial value to the house.

A change such as this is something one does to help one's own enjoyment of the home.  It may add value, but the increase will be considerably less than the cost of having it installed.