don't be mistaken for a bad rental contact

This is an example of what I would consider a bad contact. I get five or six like this daily from different people looking for rentals. I have removed the sender's information to prevent them from being embarrassed.

"NEW CONTACT
xxxxxx (xxxx@xxx.com) is contacting you about your property on Zillow
I am interested in (the properties address)"

until recently I was responding to emails like this with the following email response "call me to discuss at 727-895-2358"and what did I get in response, nothing.

What would you do in this situation? Continue responding to emails that ask for information while not stating what information they want? And or, continue responding to emails that won't respond to your request for a way to contact them in order to find out what information they want?

• June 26 2012 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for Rita Walker
If you have it in the MLS, send the listing and your contact info.

I also find that many Zillow users inquire to more than one Realtor at a time. Whoever gets there first is who they respond to, if they do respond.

There are also many companies that want to sell you something that contact the Realtors on Zillow (and on other sites). Once your respond to them by email or phone they now are able to contact you even if you are on a no call list.