Profile picture for aliciamday1

dropped another 9k

I feel like I am going to have to pratically give this house away!!

• March 10 2008 - US
  • 1

Profile picture for Cudo
  • Cudo

may I ask where are you in US?

Some issue seeling mine in NoVa. currently 15K below comp.

Profile picture for aliciamday1

Mississippi gulf coast

Profile picture for writeagain

What's your total drop so far?  And, how long on the market?

Profile picture for aliciamday1

Been on the market since Sept of 07 and I have had to drop it $109,000

Profile picture for klarek the realist

Cudo, where in Nova are you?

Profile picture for writeagain

Are you FSBO or with an agent?  If you're with an agent, what's the agents opinion?  I take it you're in a hurry to get out?

Profile picture for aliciamday1

With an agent and extremely ready to get out

Profile picture for writeagain

Well, you'll hear this a lot, then, so I'll say it as nicely as possible: You've got to do what you've gotta do!  I know it hurts, but suck it up.  At least the spring market is coming and you might stand a better chance in the coming months.

Have a drink (or 4 or 5).  That tends to dull the pain.

Profile picture for aliciamday1

I know, my relator said that with spring coming things may improve but I'm not holding my breath:)

Profile picture for klarek the realist

Alicia, your realtor is either lying or isn't worth his/her commission.  Spring and Summer will be brutal.

Profile picture for sandi9411

Alicia, that's terrible!  I think prices got way over inflated after Katrina and now they are probably coming back to "normal".  I am from MS, and we were down a few years ago and I'm sorry to say, but I don't think there is an acre anywhere in MS that's worth a million dollars.  I saw many signs to sell acreage for that price.  Not that yours is in that category, but those people are probably hurting the entire market there.  You know Mobile has this great growth spurt projected and since you are near the state line, that might help.  Good luck to you!  It sucks not being able to sell.  I've been here long enough!

I see no reason why anyone would or should buy a home getting a 6% mort when banks are refi-ing the reckless buyers at 3.99%

If I were buying a house today I would DEMAND 3.99% from the bank.

Profile picture for sandi9411

I just talked to a mortgage company and asked about today's rate. It was 6.25 and most likely will go up.  I think we will try to DEMAND a lower rate (if we ever get to buy again!)  Thanks for the pointer.

Its rediculous, if you want a lower rate then you need to have BAD credit.....

Profile picture for Aldreth

silly isn't it?

Profile picture for CORONA NICK

Crazy.  SELL SELL SELL.

Profile picture for klarek the realist

Reverse darwinism.  Prosper for being dumb.

Lender:  Great! You have just been approved for a new home loan and your rate is 6.25%

Future Homer Debter: What??? What ??? What the mother feeering hell?? Oooooh helll no, you dirty SOB. You trying to gank me, fool? You is you trying to play with holmes?

I saw on the news that you guys are giving this punkass non paying SOB a 4.00% rate! Why do I have to pay more than I'm putting 30% down, HAVE A JOB, and have a FICO score over 800?

It's because I'm black, isn't it???

Lender: Sir, sir, clam down...we can only offer the 4.00% rate to those without any equity, lied on their mortgage statement, and haven't paid in over 6 months.