Profile picture for mpriour

editing neighborhood data

I have a nice prototype & workflow for allowing public to edit and add neighborhood boundries. I would like to limit editing to registered zillow users & have 1 or more zillow useres agree with the edits. Then i would make that changed data available to zillow & the public.

The problem I have is how to authenticate users against zillow.com rather than requiring people to register on my site & provide information they have already provided you. is there any way to do this where I can just ask if the creditials are valid & if so link to the user profile?

• January 22 2008 - US
  • 0

mpriour-

We don't currently have an api that lets others use our sign-in system. If you are wanting people to login to your site, but not have to register on another site, I would suggest looking at the Open ID, Yahoo, or Facebook registration systems -- i believe they all have API's. Or you could just let people link to their zillow profile.

Profile picture for FavoriteAgent

I had no idea. Good to know!