Profile picture for lara alves

establishing an asking price

Whar is the process for asking price?
  • February 24 2010 - Mount Hope
  • 0

Lara,

I am a realtor and Certified appraiser in RI.  I can assist you in establishing fair market value for your home.  Please let me know if I can assist you.

Melissa.

Profile picture for rockinblu

Hi Lara,

Below are links to two blogs. The first is on selecting an agent, and the second is on doing a FSBO. Both have info at arriving at a listing price, however the first may be a little more detailed. Good luck.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/rockinblu/2008/12/i_ve_got_my_fingers_cros

http://www.trulia.com/blog/rockinblu/2008/08/thinking_about_doing_a_f_1

You will most likely want to talk to an experienced REALTOR in your areat to help you with that.  The most critical part of the selling process is the asking price.  Followed closely by appearance and condition. 

Set the price too high in a declining market and you will be in a almost never ending spiral of price reductions trying to get to the right price.  The problem in a declining market is that when you finally get to where you should have originally priced the home that price is now too high.  So you can see the problem there.  You only have one chance to make that first impression and pricing is a critical factor.

You always want to price ahead of the market whenever possible.  Buyers are looking for value in this market and that is not going to change anytime soon.  As a REALTOR it is my job to educate my clients so they can decide what range they want to be in.

If you have any questions let me know and I can also recommend some excellent REALTORS in your area.

Wish you the best of luck.