Profile picture for getmekey

************* finding a nice, patient realtor ***********************

Currently, I am looking for buying a single house priced below $300k. Right now, I need to find a nice, patient realtor, who stands on my side, not just tries to get the deal done quickly. I also have a condo and a single house which I intend to sell as well. I can buy before selling the condo and the single house. I know it is getting hard to find the right realtor now days. If anyone here can advise me on the realtors you worked with before and were happy with, please let me know about it. I know the housing market is going up, but unlike the market in CA. That is why I don't like pushy realtors who would keep telling me about this over and over again. Even in 2006, when the housing market was going up like crazy, some people still got very good deals. If you are impatient and in a big hurry, it is very likely you won't find the right house. Buying a house is a big investment, so I want to find a patient and nice, not PUSHY REALTOR.
  • June 20 2013 - Columbus
  • 0

I can help you find a patient Realtor, I know that the process can be very intense for a first time home buyer.
I am in a network that can place you and I can make sure you get a very nice qualified Realtor that can get you through the process.

No one likes a pushy Realtor ... including Realtors.  Ask friends, relatives, etc for recommendations.  Talk to those Realtors.  Get references from them and check their references. You are spending time and money to sell and buy.  You should find the best professional Realtor you can to work with you.

Profile picture for SteadyState
Do you need two Realtors (C)?

1. ) A patient realtor so that he/she can help you get a great deal buying (i.e., get you the lowest price).
2.) A patient realtor so that he/she can get you a great deal selling (i.e., get you the highest price)

HI, You can click the "Find a Pro" section when on zillow (at the top). You can contact those that are listed in that area and see who you feel the most comfortable with. Before you sign anyone's contract, call around. It's best to set your expectations with them upfront. That you don't intend to buy for the next three months however if there's a hard to refuse deal before then that you'll jump, put some kind of time cap on it. Otherwise, the agent may get the feeling that you're never going to buy. The other response is accurate too - have your prequalification letter on hand or your bank statement (if buying cash). You'll get a different reception perhaps..? Also, I can provide names of those that I've worked with if you contact me offline. Best, Kim Lawson, Ohio Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator. Contact and licensing information can be found on my profile.

Profile picture for Sally English
Get a referral from your friends and business associates.  Then check out the Realtor's credentials.  If they pass this test, call them and schedule an appointment.  Bring your pre-qualification letter from a lender so they will know you are serious.  Tell them your concerns and ask how they plan to handle the process.  You should be able to evaluate the chemistry during the interview.

Perhaps the answers to your identical question will be helpful.