Profile picture for 10293Z

finding comps in my area?

how can I go about finding comps for my house on Zillow? I've tried but can't figure it out please help, and how can I get a house removed from where my house is, it's effecting my homes value!!
  • July 20 2012 - Brookings
  • 0

http://findcompsnow.com/
  • May 03

Toward the upper left hand corner of the website there is a box that indicates parameters for which you can search.

Select homes that have sold which is the yellow house.
Deselect all of the other homes.
Select More options select homes that have sold in the past 6 months
Fill out the other paramters within 10% of your own homes stats

This will make sure the homes you are seeing are as close to possible as your home.

You can not remove a sale, Sales are public record. Unfortunately your home is valued what it is valued. The definition of value is determined to be a value a educated consumer is willing to pay for a property. An educated consumer will look at sales records in the area to help determine the value of your property.

Many people have lost equity and home owners have to accept that fact, and build their future plans around the fact that they may have lost equity and it is not there for them to access.

If you are underwater and looking to refinance, there are many options available out there if your loan is owned by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, or insured by the FHA or VA.

If you have questions about your home value and or what your financing options are, I would love to talk to you in order to clarify and address your concerns.

and how can I get a house removed from where my house is, it's effecting my homes value!!

Of course its affecting your homes value, thats what a 'comp' is.

A low (or high) sale near your home DOES set your value hence it should not be eliminated if you want an accurate value of your home, whether on Zillow, a CMA or appraisal.

DID you want a realistic value of your home, or just a high one ?

You can also call any title company and ask for their customer service department and order comps. and have them emailed to you.

If you send me a personal message with your address, i will send you comps of similar homes in your area.
thank you.

I hate touting my competitors, but go to Redfin's website and use their house value tool. I know I've wanted to have something similar for years, but Redfin has done it. Impressive!