Profile picture for highspeedranger

first time buyer transfer tax in Elsmere Delaware

What is the first time buyer  transfer tax in Elsmere Delaware?
3% split between buyer and seller.?
Or is the first time buyer exempt to 75%?
  • September 21 2009 - Elsmere
  • 0

Great question Highspeedranger
Elsmere is one of the incorporated areas that does charge the .75% portion of the buyers' transfer taxes.  There are homes in that area that do not fall under the town's jurisdiction that can save you that portion of the settlement costs.  Your Realtor should be able to get you a list of homes that are available in the area.  If you don't have a Realtor you should get one.  He or she will be able to oversee the entire process of your purchase plan with little or no cost to you.  Hope this helps........................chris

Profile picture for highspeedranger
However the answer from my realtor is not yet sufficient enough. I am looking for the information myself. As I posted in another discussion I can't get a staight answer from either the realtor or LO. My realtor said they would check, and my LO said he would confirm with the realtor.

I just don't really want to wait for that. So I guess I'll call the Clerk of the Court.