forms for sale of house in california

Where do I get the standard forms for sale of house in california? Last time I did this I just bought hard copies at the stationary store, now I can't find them on-line except as expensive packages of un-necessary materila?
  • June 28 2013 - Davis
  • 0

Everyone has the right to choose whether or not they want to be represented by a Realtor. If you choose to sell on your own, be very careful that you provide all the necessary disclosures including the most recent docs that are now required. Without proper disclosure you open yourself up to lawsuits that could cost you more time and money than if you hired a Realtor to sell your home.

Actually I got most of the forms from Nolo press and the standard deed of sales form from TOPS products. All these forms are available for Owners to sell by themselves, we don't have to use a realtor. I am selling my third home  and each time I have saved between 15 and 20 thousand dollars by doing it myself. I have sold to people I like and that I am glad to know and these people appreciate my home and value it. I have not allowed bidding wars to occur. It has been very satisfying each time.

You are talking about California Association of Realtors forms (C.A.R. forms) they are available through licensed Realtors, to my knowledge they are not available elsewhere.

Make sure you get the proper disclosures as well.

Nolo press has a book called for sale by owner by state with forms on a disc. thanks!

Profile picture for terilewis
As Realtors we belong to many organizations, one being CAR, and have access to all of the real estate forms through them.

The amount you have to pay online is probably much less than you would have to pay an agent to handle the process for you. Be careful which forms you use though, as every deal requires something a little different.

Good luck with your sale.