getting mortgage poor credit score

I have a poor credit score and want to get a mortgage?
  • September 04 2013 - Lovell
  • 0

There are a few programs out there that cater to sub-prime consumers. You need to speak with a loan officer in your state who can take a look at your credit and tell you exactly what you can qualify for. The loan officer may also be able to advise you on the best way to increase your scores a bit. Improving your credit will allow you to be able to qualify for a better interest rate, higher loan amount, and lower down payment. So really try and work on your credit as soon as you can. Here's a link to a few tips you can follow to improve your credit score yourself, https://www.creditfirm.net/tag/tips-to-raise-credit-score

It can be very simple to increase your score if you know what to do.  [Promotion and email removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for guidelines.]

This depends on your definition of "poor". Less than a 620? Less than a 580?

There are a number of new programs available that have relaxed guidelines relating to lower credit scores.  I for example know one investor that has no minimum credit score requirement but rather looks at he entire layers of risk. Sometimes I find that people think their credit is worse than it really is.  The best thing to do would be to find a solid mortgage originator that will clearly explain to you all of the available options.  I would be happy to spend some time visting with you should that be of interest.  Best of luck and let me know if I can help.
Best-
Jay B Levitt
[deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

It is hard to completely help you out because I do not know the specifics of your situation but I will try to help. If you are thinking of applying for a loan for a house, credit score is not the only factor that is looked at, although it is important. Other factors such as income, debt, employment, expenses, liabilities, assets, along with credit score are all looked at to see if you can qualify for a loan. I am not sure what you consider "poor credit" but lenders like myself have been able to give people loans with scores as low as 580. I suggest you call a lender, like myself, so that we can try to help you out in your situation or at least point you in the right direction

Well I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or need a loan please contact me through the information on my profile page! Also, if you found this helpful, please leave me a review on my profile page.

Good Luck

We can do some programs with a score as low as 580. Let any of us know if we can be of any assistance.

Best wishes!

What is your score? Many lenders can do a mortgage if score is 620 or better! Occasionally you can find a lender that will do a tad lower. Best of luck!

Profile picture for JustinLeffew
What is your score?