Profile picture for 1234mally

good day, how can I stay out of the US and purchase a home I see and like on this site?

• August 18 2010 - Kissimmee
  • 0

With the power of technology & local experts you can have a clear picture of what you are buying.  I for one have taken video and extensive pictures for customers overseas.  You can have a qualified home inspection so that you get a detailed report about all of the components of the house before you make an offer (note: this inspection can run $400-500).

It is very easy with technology to have a closing on a home from a distance.  Important closing documents that need original signatures or notarizing can be mailed overnight for signing.  With the proper planning by you and your Realtor, you can have a snag-free closing from anywhere in the world.

Profile picture for Mark LeMenager
I've sold properties in Kissimmee this past year to clients in the US, Canada, Thailand, and Scotland who have to date still never seen them.  It's not hard to buy, but you do need to work with someone you trust.  To be fair, most of my clients do come for a fact finding trip before making their first offer, but there are still plenty of people out there willing to buy off the internet.

If you'd like me to help you explore the Kissimmee real estate market, then click on my picture and contact me.  (The one from Scotland was a Zillow contact just like this.  The others were all from Trulia.)

Good luck.

Hi 1234mally,

This is a very good question, many people will tell you that you should see the house prior to buying it. Which is true, however, if you are investing in the house and your not going to live in it, why be so picky?

You can definitely purchase a house without seeing it, I did, and I still haven't seen the house till this day. It generates a positive cash flow for me and the tenant is great.

To do this, you have to have a lot of trust for your agent and the inspectors that come and inspect the house for you. Not an easy thing, however, just ask for a lot of photos of the property before and after.

I would suggest that you interview a few agents before picking one, make sure that you trust them completely because you will not be present for anything that might arise.

Good luck.

I would call two or three real estate agents in the area where you would like to purchase the home and ask for their credentials.  Decide on who you think can best help you and they can listen to your needs and create a plan for buying your home.  Make sure you have an appraisal and inspections on the home to assure that you pay for a house that meets your standards.

Good Luck !

Well, first you need to see if the house is really available.  Then you need to tell the realtor how you are purchasing, is it a cash purchase.  Then you may be abe able to do a closing from where you live, with the advice of an attorney.
First step is contact a realtor to handle your transaction who works in the area you wish to purchase.

Beth Jenkins