Profile picture for jkile812

hardwood floors

I have a small home in Hilliard, OH which is just outside of Columbus, OH. I am trying to decide on whether or not hardwood flooring would add value to my home that I will be selling soon.  The house is only 1190 sq. ft. 3 bed, 2 bath so I'm also afraid of over improving.  It is decently new, built in 03.

Jason
  • February 16 2010 - Hilliard
  • 0

Hardwood floors do add value, but rarely is it a 100% return (if lucky it will be a 50% return on your costs).  

Hi Jason,

Although you don't want to over improve, you also want to be able to "stand out" among the rest.  There's not a lot of inventory in Hilliard right now for that price point in a newer home, so that is a real plus.  Hardwood floors are a good selling feature, so if you can get them done at a reasonably low ccost, it could be a good thing.  Where are you planning on adding the hardwood and what type of flooring do you have there now?