Profile picture for kenbarber

has anyone did a REO closing with powerlink?

i made an offer on a REO property in my hometown. the seller bank wants to use a online closing service called powerlink. anyone ever do a powerlink closing?
  • August 29 2012 - US
  • 0

Hi Ken,

Are your sure it's powerlink and not Servicelink.
  I suggest you have your own representation for closing, whomever works for you should be doing a through title search and offering title insurance. You do have the choice in most cases to use your own closing company, saving a couple bucks might mean a title policy with exception and when you go to sell, that is when you'll have problems.
  Just my 2 cents, I do broker a lot of REO properties. Did you do a survey/ mortgage plot plan, locate four corners of the property another way title insurance companies will not pay out if encroachments or lot line issues, the unknowns of REO properties.