Profile picture for ch6
  • ch6

has anyone ever sold their home to an invester, rented from the invester, then tried to buy it back?

• November 18 2012 - US
  • 0

No but I know someone who sold it at the top of the market, rented it, then purchased a similar one back in the same neighborhood... they're smarket than me.

Your scenario though would not happen as there is no incentive for the investor to lose money, even if the investor is related to the seller, unless Im missing something...

Profile picture for Connie Klemme
since you don't have any answers yet, i thought I'd ask why you're wanting to do this.  What's the motivation?  I would expect the investor to charge you more for rent than what you pay for a mortgage so I don't see a money savings in the works for this, just a loss of equity and then they'd likely want more for it when you're ready to buy it back.

you might explain what you're trying to accomplish and possibly someone will respond with more details.