has anyone had their listing blocked on Craigslist due to the 'postlets.com' phase in the html?

• October 27 2012 - Edgewood

Profile picture for TheSocialight
Do not use the service Chad below is talking about.  Any service which provides an automated post to Craigslist is against the Craigslist terms of use and you could risk having your account or IP address banned.  Know that Craigslist will NEVER allow something to auto post to their site.  There are too many spammers anyway and this is one of their strictest rules.  

I strongly recommend switching to [link removed by moderator] for Craig's List posts.  They have great tracking data to help you monitor your response activity, you can make your own customized template (I started with a postlets template and took out all their extra branding), and you can automate posting and re-posting your ads to go up at specific times without being at your computer!  I know it's an extra site to click through and build your ads, but in my opinion it's well worth the effort.

Why would anyone want to use the Postlets template on CL? I find it to be ineffective. Make your own template and test it.

I'm experiencing the same problem (again) as user6377136. Was able to post this afternoon, then all of a sudden once I was done with lunch, I got the "postletsbyzillow.net is now being blocked" message. This is REALLY frustrating. Can someone from zillow PLEASE give us an update on this situation?

postletsbyzillow.net is now being blocked.

The truth is that postlets type ads have always been prohibited on craigslist, despite what the zillow people think.

craigslist has only recently started more firmly enforcing this.

To post an ad on craigslist, go to craigslist, and TYPE the TEXT of your ad directly into the posting form, by hand.

Do not copy/paste code from postlets or anywhere else.

This should be working now. Please try again.

I go through the html code and remove the postlets string with the brackets and that's done it for me! 

Profile picture for tdrewmitchell
This is frustrating - does anyone have a solution for using postlets on craigslist?  Postlets is one of those services that made using craigslist easier - you'd think they'd recognize the synergies!!

Profile picture for Jerkstore
Seems like CL has caught on to Paul's scheme. I tried his technique and still got blocked.  
Any new tips?

Here is my update. Sorry for not getting back to everyone sooner.

This is a simplified version of solving this problem. How long it will work is at the whim of Craigslist. Tech details are at the bottom.

How to convert  a Postlets html code from what is automatically created to CraigsList acceptable.

1.       Copy text from Postlets into a word document

2.       Do a replace (Control  - H). Type in ‘www.postlets.com' in the "Find What" and ‘8.20.111.250' in the "Replace With", (without the quotes), and replace all.

3.       Do a second replace (Control  - H). Type in ‘created_at_with_text_rt.png' in the "Find What" and ‘postlets_operatedby.png' in the "Replace With", (without quotes), and replace.

4.       In MS Word, Do a select all (Control  - A), then copy (Control – C), and paste into the appropriate box on the CraigsList page.

Tech Info: Craiglslist is blocking based on host name (www.postlets.com), but not on the Resolved IP Address (8.20.111.250), hence why that works. Craigslist is also blocking the file name created_at_with_text_rt.png which would indicate to me that they are specifically targeting Postlets. Hopefully Postlets and CL can work this out.

• Ice L.Zillow
All -

We are aware of the issue. Our engineers are currently working on this issue, we do not have an exact ETA for a resolution. In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Ice

I've had the same problem. I have developed a work around. It's not elegant, but it's better than not being able to take the postlets information and put it into Craigs list at all.
You can email me, paul@sierra-networks.com and I'll describe it to you.

What is your alternative? I delete and then repost my properties for sale and/or rent. Now that I went in and deleted them it will not allow me to repost because of the "postlets" phrase. This is not good. Any suggestions?   

Yes. Trying alternative.