have some cash, wanna buy around tucson area.

need decent forecloser, fixeruper for investment sake, any advise? under 40,000!
  • June 08 2013 - Tucson
  • 0

Greetings user0144569,

I hope this message finds you doing well. In addition to the already valuable info in this post, I would just caution you to do your research ahead of pulling the trigger; the nature of that price point in our market is incredibly quick and competitive and requires a specific skill set to be successful.

Make sure that your agent, or any agent that you interview, knows of the appropriate particulars, speeds, challenges, hurdles, opportunities and strategies associated with this part of the market.

To give credit where credit is due, it is fairly easy to see which agents are familiar with this cross section: I would be happy to offer a testimonial that Mr. Messingham (obviously in addition to myself) understands the aforementioned as well. I offer this hopefully not at the expense of shooting myself in the foot ; ) just want to give credit where it is due too.

Many Thanks for reaching out and Best of Luck in Your Search! : )

Wow, thank you very much Dunes.  I appreciate it, nice to know someone is reading all the posts :)

Take care.

Spirit

Profile picture for Dunes ..
I'll not beat around the bush..
I do not recommend contacting specific Agents lightly or often

Based on his responses in this forum and the professionalism/behavior he has shown in considering all sides/options/each individual situation I recommend you take Spirit up on his offer to contact him

Contacting Spirit imho to hear his view of the market, services offered/options, recommendations is a can't lose but could very likely be a win/win situation

Good Hunting & Good Luck

Profile picture for Rebecca Marvel
Please do not post in all caps.  Sounds like you're yelling. :D

TUCSON IS ONE OF THE HOTTEST MARKETS IN THE COUNTRY RIGHT NOW FOR INVESTMENT PROPERTIES. I WOULD SUGGEST FINDING AN AGENT THAT UNDERSTANDS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AND HAS EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE AS THE COMPETITION RIGHT NOW IS STIFF. FEEL FREE TO GIVE ME A CALL OR SHOOT ME AN EMAIL AT YOUR CONVENIENCE. 

TAKE A LOOK AT MY PROFILE AND WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO!

REGARDS,
MICHAEL SHINER.

Under 100k is a competitive arena right now, so be prepared to compete with other cash investors and go over asking price.

Opinions vary but depending on your definition of "decent forecloser" as investors have been buying in Tucson at a feverish pace.  FYI, Tucson was named the #1 place to buy an investment property by Forbes last year.  I would recommend you interview a couple of buyers agents, review your search criteria to see what is available in each section of town you want to invest in.  Are these going to be cash or obtaining a loan?  If you are looking to get a loan, any potential buyer should speak with a local lender and get pre-approved before they even begin their respective searches.

Click on my profile to learn more about me, including reviews written by past clients and feel free to give me a call or email.

Best of luck,
Spirit